Boise State University is a public, metropolitan research university. We offer an array of undergraduate and graduate degrees and experiences that foster student success, lifelong learning, community engagement, innovation and creativity.
Research and creative activities advance new knowledge and benefit students, the community, the state and the nation. As an integral part of its metropolitan environment, the university is engaged in professional and continuing education programming, policy issues, and promoting the region's economic vitality and cultural enrichment.
Boise State University aspires to be a research university known for the finest undergraduate education in the region, and outstanding research and graduate programs. With its exceptional faculty, staff and student body – combined with its location in the heart of a thriving metropolitan area, the university will be viewed as an engine that drives the Idaho economy, providing significant return on public investment.
- Create a signature, high-quality educational experience.
- Facilitate timely attainment of educational goals.
- Gain distinction as a doctoral research university.
- Align university programs and activities with community needs.
- Transform operations to serve the mission of the university.
To apply to Boise State University, please submit the following to the Boise State Admissions office:
2) Nonrefundable application fee
3) High school transcript (or equivalency record)
4) ACT and/or SAT scores (if under 21 years of age on the first day of entry term)
5) College transcripts for any post-secondary coursework completed (if applicable)
Mail Items to:
Boise State Admissions
1910 University Drive
- Seeing is believing, and you'll be a believer once you step onto our beautiful 175-acre campus and live the Bronco experience for a day. From the high-tech Interactive Learning Center to the action-packed Recreation Center, you'll encounter the people and places that make Boise State a great place to continue your education. We love to roll out the “blue carpet” for our guests, so make plans to visit soon! Where do our visitors come from? All over the country!
Boise, ID 83725
Your first step is to go to fafsa.ed.gov .
- 1. Request a PIN
- 2. Fill out the FAFSA
- 3. Use the Aid Application Checklist to track your progress through the financial aid process.
**Remember that in order to receive the most possible financial aid you should complete the FAFSA before February 15!
- You can apply for University Housing once you are admitted to the university.
Personal statement, letters of recommendation, application essays, etc are not required as part of the admissions process.
At Boise State you can choose from more than 200 areas of study, and you will have the chance to combine minors, certificates, internships, hands-on research, work opportunities — and more — to make your educational experience unique.
Our campus runs along the banks of the Boise River, just a quick walk from the heart of Idaho's largest city. Come learn about campus life, housing options, financial aid and more — plus pick up some tips to help with your college exploration.